HISTORY

Our story since 1968

Ernie’s Coffee Shop has been operating for nearly 50 years in South Lake Tahoe, California. We are regularly voted the best breakfast and lunch restaurant in town by locals and visitors alike. Established in 1968, our restaurant has an exceptional reputation for offering delicious food and customer service. Come try out some of our classic, house made foods or one of our rotating monthly specials paired with a traditional espresso drink or fresh-squeezed orange juice.

Over the years, the restaurant has been owned and operated by a short list of local families who all share a strong passion for living in Lake Tahoe. Most notably, the Bruso Family acquired Ernie’s in 1981 and expanded into a new facility located at 1207 Emerald Bay Road in 2003. Before their retirement goals were met in 2015, the Bruso Family placed the Ernie’s legacy in the hands of their long-time family friends Kent Baer and Nathan Bergner. While the restaurant continues to change with the times and adapt to the discerning tastes of our customers, we do our best to maintain authenticity and respect for the restaurant’s history.

While we remain extremely grateful to serve our patrons, we also pride ourselves in supporting our mountain community beyond the dining room table through continuous fund raising efforts for youth and education. This is a tradition that has always been a cornerstone of the Ernie’s philosophy and will continue for as long as the South Shore can call us one of their own.

Join us and be a part of the Ernie’s story….